Course Details Part 2
The diploma is in two parts, each consisting of 60 credits.
Part One must be successfully completed before work for Part Two is undertaken.
Part Two provides opportunities for study in greater detail and depth. There are three groups of modules:
Group D: Studies in music and worship
Group E: Composition
Group F: Practical studies
Each candidate must choose at least one module, and no more than three modules, from Group F (to make up 15, 30 or 45 credits of the 60 required for Part Two).
- Module D1: Extended essay (15 credits: 7,000-7,500 words)
- Module D2: Dissertation (30 credits: 14,000-15,000 words)
- Module E1: Portfolio of arrangements for voices or voices and instruments for use in worship (15 credits)
- Module E2: Portfolio of compositions for use in worship (15 credits)
- Module E3: Portfolio of sacred compositions (15 credits)